Re: pg_class.relistemp

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: pg_class.relistemp
Дата
Re: pg_class.relistemp
Список pgsql-hackers
> There has never, ever, been a guarantee that the system catalogs don't
> change across versions.  Anybody issuing such queries should expect to
> have to retest them and possibly change them in each new major release.

I know that's always been our policy.  It his, however,
vendor-unfriendly because we don't supply any interface for many things
(such as temp tables) other than the system catalogs.

So if we're going to break compatibility, then we could stand to make a
little noise about it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Need help understanding pg_locks
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pg_class.relistemp