Re: initdb fails on AIX

От CS DBA
Тема Re: initdb fails on AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 08/10/2011 01:16 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> CS DBA<cs_dba@consistentstate.com>  writes:
>> We're getting the following error when we try to run initdb on an AIX box:
>> fgets failure: Error 0
>> The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in the same
>> directory as "/opt/app/postgres/904/bin/initdb".
>> Check your installation.
> This means that initdb tried to execute "postgres -V" and didn't get any
> output.  What happens when you try that directly?
>
>             regards, tom lane

See below.  One oddity, if I compile without the --with-openssl flag
(for the configure command) then it works fine.

Also, I forgot to mention that we are having to add the
--disable-thread-safety flag or the configure command fails complaining
that the platform is not thread safe - I suspect this is not the issue
but figured I should mention it just in case...

$ ./postgres -V
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./postgres because of the following
errors:
         0509-150   Dependent module libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7)
could not be loaded.
         0509-022 Cannot load module libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7).
         0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name
does not exist.

Kevin Kempter       -       Constent State
A PostgreSQL Professional Services Company
           www.consistentstate.com