Re: Broken selectivity with special inet operators

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Broken selectivity with special inet operators
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> If you mean the indexscan optimization, we do know how to estimate the
> cost of the indexscans, because that depends mostly on the behavior of
> the added < or > condition(s).  This does not imply knowing how to
> estimate the behavior of >>= itself.

If we can estimate the cost of the indexscan, why can't we estimate the
rowcount?  Sorry if I'm being dense here, but I really don't understand
how the special operator code works at all.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Broken selectivity with special inet operators
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Broken selectivity with special inet operators