Re: Searching for "bare" letters

От Reuven M. Lerner
Тема Re: Searching for "bare" letters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, everyone.  Uwe wrote:

> What kind of "client" are the users using?  I assume you will have some kind
> of user interface. For me this is a typical job for a user interface. The
> number of letters with "equivalents" in different languages are extremely
> limited, so a simple matching routine in the user interface should give you a
> way to issue the proper query.

The user interface will be via a Web application.  But we need to store
the data with the European characters, such as ñ, so that we can display
them appropriately.  So much as I like your suggestion, we need to do
the opposite of what you're saying -- namely, take a bare letter, and
then search for letters with accents and such on them.

I am beginning to think that storing two versions of each name, one bare
and the other not, might be the easiest way to go.   But hey, I'm open
to more suggestions.

Reuven

--
Reuven M. Lerner -- Web development, consulting, and training
Mobile: +972-54-496-8405 * US phone: 847-230-9795

От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: Why PGSQL has no developments in the .NET area?
От: hamann.w@t-online.de
Сообщение: Re: Searching for "bare" letters