Re: Dumping data using pg_dump after chrooting to a different partition

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Dumping data using pg_dump after chrooting to a different partition
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 25/10/11 11:01, Krishnamurthy Radhakrishnan wrote:
> Thanks Craig.
>
> After configuring to accept TCP connections on port 5432, I tried to
> specify the hostname as shown below and that didn't help. Is there
> anything else that needs to be configured?
> pg_dump -h bldr-ccm36.cisco.com -p 5432 -a -U postgres
> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "postgres" failed: could
> not connect to server: Connection refused
>     Is the server running on host "bldr-ccm36.cisco.com" and accepting
>     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" if it's on the same machine to simplify
things. If you try to connect to your host's public IP but
postgresql.conf has listen_addresses='127.0.0.1' or
listen_addresses='localhost' then you won't be able to connect because
Pg isn't listening on your public IP, only your loopback IP. A chroot
won't affect tcp/ip, so it's still localhost when you're chrooted into
another FS.

Also, you may have firewall rules in place that prevent the connection,
check for that.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Krishnamurthy Radhakrishnan
Сообщение: Re: Dumping data using pg_dump after chrooting to a different partition
От: Wenjing Yao
Сообщение: Would you like to provide the Product Code of PostgreSQL releases?