Re: Handling mutliple clients access with views

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Handling mutliple clients access with views
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 25/10/11 11:36, David Johnston wrote:

> Except database roles cannot strictly enforce row-level security (i.e., multiple-tenant) which is the goal of this
setup.

Ah, yes, if theyr'e relying on _row_ level security then that's very
much the case. I misread their post as suggesting that they had
different tables for different clients, rather than tables that mix
different clients' data.

Declarative row-level security (row ownership) would be really nice...
here's hoping the SELinux work can be extended to support a simpler,
OS-agnostic non-SELinux-based row-level RBAC mechanism.

I'd still use SET ROLE where possible, and rely on SECURITY DEFINER
stored procs in cases where clients' data is mixed in a table so you
need to filter it programmatically. Then I'd wrap those procs in a view
so they were transparent and looked like tables, so once row-level
security is implemented you could switch to that without the app caring.

--
Craig Ringer

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Handling mutliple clients access with views
От: bricklen
Сообщение: Re: Handling mutliple clients access with views