Re: Materialized views

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Materialized views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/08/2011 06:25 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> I'm about 99% sure the answer to that is 'yes'.  Are you thinking of
>> having a background scheduler which handles the updating of
>> schedule-driven (instead of trigger-driven) MVs..?  Not to try to
>> feature-creep this on you, but you might consider how a new backend
>> process which handles scheduled tasks could be generalized to go beyond
>> handling just MV updates.. :)
> No feature-creeping; the two features described will be hard enough.
> Besides, we have pg_agent for that.

Yeah. I'd be plenty happy with greedy MVs plus lazy MVs that need a
manual refresh. These are both patterns I use a lot (the buildfarm
dashboard is in effect a greedy MV although it's not updated by a trigger).

cheers

andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: lexemes in prefix search going through dictionary modifications
От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: pg_comments (was: Allow \dd to show constraint comments)