Re: Parsing output of EXPLAIN command in PostgreSQL

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Parsing output of EXPLAIN command in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/10/2011 04:29 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> 2011/11/10 Αναστάσιος Αρβανίτης<tasosarvanitis@yahoo.gr>:
>> I'm developing an application that requires parsing of
>> execution plans (those produced as output by issuing an EXPLAIN [query]
>> command). Are you aware of any Java library that I could use for this
>> purpose? I found https://github.com/depesz/Pg--Explain but it is built in Perl.
>>
>> Also another option I am considering is to use EXPLAIN [query] FORMAT XML which is available in PostgreSQL 9.1.
However,in that case it

>> would better to have the XML Schema of the generated plans available.
>>
>> Is there any other solution I am not aware of?
> Not that I know of.  I think pgAdmin can parse the EXPLAIN output,
> too, but that's in C++.

Pg--Explain is extremely well written, and should be easily translatable
to Java if you really need to. The whole thing is less than 2000 lines,
and a large part of that is comments.

cheers

andrew

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: const correctness
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Disable OpenSSL compression