Re: [partition table] fetchall or fetchone function can not get the returning rows

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [partition table] fetchall or fetchone function can not get the returning rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/21/11 10:24 AM, Xiaoning Xu wrote:
> Since  the serial primary key of my partition table is the FK of some other tables, I need to get the
> id after each insertion.
> My solution now is to select the max id from the parent table.
> I am wondering if there is any other alternatives to solve this problem.

curval('sequencename') after doing the insert will return the correct
value for this transaction, independent of any other concurrent
trnasactions that may be going on.  your max() method would fail with
enough concurrency.

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Help with Multiple Cluster on same host
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Trying to understand postgres crash