SELECT 1st field

От Jan Bakuwel
Тема SELECT 1st field
Дата
Re: SELECT 1st field  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I've spend some time checking the documentation but haven't been able to
find what I'm looking for.
I've got a function that returns a set of integers and a view that
selects from the function.
What I need is the ability to name the column in the view, ie.

create function func(i int) returns setof integer as $$
...code
$$ language plpythonu volatile;

create view v as select 1 as "id" from func(5);

In other words I'd like to refer to the first (and only) field returned
and give that an alias, in this case "id".

In some SQL dialects you can use "select 1" to select the first field,
"select 2" to select the 2nd field and so on.

Any suggestions?

regards,
Jan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: order by different on mac vs linux
От: msi77
Сообщение: Re: SELECT 1st field