Re: Two databases on the same server, looking for idea how to restrict access.

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Two databases on the same server, looking for idea how to restrict access.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/06/2012 15:39, Condor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two databases on postgresql in different servers, one main
> database and one secondary not much important,
> but the problem is they should use some tables both for reading and
> writing and the secondary postgresql should not
> have access to whole database on the main database. Im thinking to
> combine both databases on same server and split them
> with different schema also to make load balance and some kind of
> permissions to restrict secondary database to read whole
> database on the main database or some kind of shared tables (files). Any
> one have some ideas how I can do this ? Any ideas is welcome.

Your idea of two schemas in the one database is the way to go - you
cannot share tables between different databases.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Memory Overcommit
От: Benson Jin
Сообщение: Re: Need help in transferring FP to Int64 DateTime