Re: 9.2beta web issues

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: 9.2beta web issues
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 07/06/2012 12:44 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> That list's traffic seems a bit on the low side -- surely we've had
>> people testing more recently than September 2011.
>
> pgsql-testers is what we're talking about?
>
> 9/2011 would be when the last beta phase ended, and after that would
> have been a period where zero traffic could be expected.  Presumably
> people have forgotten about the special list since then, accounting for
> the lack of 9.2beta reports in that list.  But even before that, the
> traffic looks darn thin.

yeah same goes for the (imho completely failed) experiment of using
google docs(...) for collecting test results as recommended on
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HowToBetaTest (which is linked to from
the main site on http://www.postgresql.org/developer/alpha/).

I think we should completely drop all references to the google docs
thingy and the -testers list there and redirect people simply to -bugs
and/or hackers.

Comments?

Stefan