Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public?

От Michael Nolan
Тема Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm a little confused about what you mean when you say you can't specify where the index should go.  Schemas are a logical division, not a physical one.  There's no logical reason to have the index for a table in a separate schema.  (And if one were limiting which schemas a user could access, there are good reasons NOT to have the index in a separate schema.)

If, on the other hand, you want to control where the index is physically stored, for example to optimized disk access times, you should use tablespaces.
--
Mike Nolan

On 11/12/06, Jorge Godoy <godoy@ieee.org> wrote:

I've seen it now...  I just can't specify where the index should go, it always
goes with the table...  That's fine...

От: "Kojak"
Сообщение: SQL Join for a Calculation
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Why overlaps is not working