8.3.7 server fails to start on Snow Leopard 10.6.1

От erik
Тема 8.3.7 server fails to start on Snow Leopard 10.6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
After updating to 10.6.1 this morning the postgresql 8.3 server (from
a macports installation) refuses to start.

It's stops with the message

"FATAL: incorrect checksum in control file"

Yesterday I was running postgresql server successfully the whole day
under 10.6 with no problems at all. I upgrade the postgresql
installation this morning to the 8.3. security update. This is all on
a MacBook5,1 which can only run the kernel in 32bit-mode.

Can it be that the Mac OS X 10.6.1 updated some library in the system
which caused an architecture change in postgres?

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: constraint definition on an array column?
От: Psicopunk
Сообщение: Postgresql Hardware