Re: Manage analytics through tag manager?

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Manage analytics through tag manager?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 2020-07-01 03:24, Álvaro Hernández wrote:
<snip>
>     Slightly different topic, but still related: there are growing
> concerns about the privacy implications of using Google Analytics for
> tracking. For a Community web like postgresql.org's, I'd say that
> considering these privacy concerns should be important.
>
>     There are many alternatives for achieving the same, or similar
> knowledge about visits, but without the inconvenients of GA. Not
> picking on any particular post, but here's an example listing such
> alternatives:
> https://nts.strzibny.name/privacy-oriented-alternatives-to-google-analytics/

Good list. :)

With the ones there, I'd recommend *not* using Fathom.  We use it for
the sqlitebrowser.org website, and (I think) we were one of the larger
early public adopters.  Literally due to their commitment to OSS.

Which they then reneged on, and switched to proprietary.  F**ckers. :(

Goat Counter, also on there, seems decent, though I'm personally of two
minds about it.  The author seems like they're trying hard to get their
SaaS business up and running, and it's also OSS at the moment.

But in recent private conversation, the author also didn't grok why
switching a project from OSS to non-OSS once established isn't going
to win any friends.

Hopefully that's not a path Goat Counter actually goes down. ;)

+ Justin

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Manage analytics through tag manager?
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Manage analytics through tag manager?