Re: Is there any tool that provides Physical Backup plus PITR for asingle database ( Not the whole PG instance ) ?

От Ron
Тема Re: Is there any tool that provides Physical Backup plus PITR for asingle database ( Not the whole PG instance ) ?
Дата
Ответ на Re: Is there any tool that provides Physical Backup plus PITR for asingle database ( Not the whole PG instance ) ?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 12/15/19 10:32 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 12/15/19 6:33 AM, Abraham, Danny wrote:
>> I assume that this magic does not exist.
>> Am I right ?
>
> Take a look at:
>
> https://pgbackrest.org/user-guide.html#restore/option-db-include
>
> and see it that meets your needs. I have never actually done it so I
> cannot add anything to the above.

Restoring one db using pgbackrest zeroes out all the other databases.

(The inability to do PITR of a single database is a serious flaw in
Postgres, but I don't think it can be solved.)

От: Erik Aronesty
Сообщение: Re: Fast, stable, portable hash function producing 4-byte or 8-byte values?
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Fast, stable, portable hash function producing 4-byte or 8-bytevalues?