Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/05/11 16:35, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> Anyway, PFA a patch that implement a [off | on | auto] compute_query_id, and
> provides a new queryIdWanted() function to let third party plugins inform us
> that they want a query id if possible.

Thanks!

> As it was noted somewhere in that thread, that's a hack on top on the GUC
> machinery, so compute_query_id will display "on" rather than "auto" (or "auto
> and enabled" or whatever) since GUC isn't designed to handle that behavior.

Can't we work around this issue by making queryIdWanted() set another flag like query_id_wanted instead of overwriting
compute_query_id?If we do this, query id computation is necessary when "compute_query_id == COMPUTE_QUERY_ID_ON ||
(compute_query_id== COMPUTE_QUERY_ID_AUTO && query_id_wanted)".

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in recovery?
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion