Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence

От Matt Gibbins
Тема Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 24/9/23 10:54, Tom Lane wrote:
> Matt Gibbins <matt_gibbins@fastmail.com.au> writes:
>> I executed continue and the gdb reported '[Detaching after fork from
>> child process 2790431]' for several sequences and the remote process
>> then crashed.
> I think this means that you attached to the parent postmaster
> process, not to the per-session child process where the crash
> will occur.
>
> On the whole, attaching to a live server process is kind of the
> hard way to do this anyhow.  I'd recommend enabling saving of
> core dump files and then gdb'ing the core file.  That avoids
> needing to identify in advance the process that is going to crash.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Tom

Thank you for your patience.

I have now created a core dump of the process. It is approximately 4G in
size.

Rather large for an email.

As I am not familiar with core dump processing I require some further
guidance.

Matt.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence