Re: add timing information to pg_upgrade

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: add timing information to pg_upgrade
Дата
Re: add timing information to pg_upgrade  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01.08.23 18:00, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> One of the main purposes of this thread is to gauge interest.  I'm hoping
> there are other developers who are interested in reducing
> pg_upgrade-related downtime, and it seemed like it'd be nice to have
> built-in functionality for measuring the step times instead of requiring
> folks to apply this patch every time.  And I think users might also be
> interested in this information, if for no other reason than to help us
> pinpoint which steps are taking longer for various workloads.

If it's just for developers and expert users, perhaps existing
shell-level functionality like "pg_upgrade | ts" would suffice?

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Adding a LogicalRepWorker type field
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: add timing information to pg_upgrade