Re: Using a postgres table to maintain unique id?

От Thomas Swan
Тема Re: Using a postgres table to maintain unique id?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
At 11/13/2000 06:22 PM -0800, Michael Teter wrote:<br /><blockquote cite="cite" class="cite" type="cite">> Can
anddoing a<br /> describe on sequences in my database), a postgresql<br /> sequence is an int4, not an int8, and thus
creatingcustom sequences.   However, as mentioned in a previous post, there is an inherent performance penalty in using
int8over int4.   Tom Lane advised me that the int8 routines are an emulated or synthesized data type.  in the test I
didon our 7.0.2 server I notice about a 25-30% decrease in performance when using complex joins on tables containing
referentialkeys, primary keys all in the int8 data type.<br /><br /> This might be something to think about as well.<br

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Trigger cant find function
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: how to continue a transaction after an error?