Re: Force a merge join?

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Force a merge join?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 12:24 AM 5/16/02 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Improving this is on the TODO list ...but in the meantime I wonder why
>you couldn't force an email-address column to lower case when you store
>it, so as to simplify the join problem.  The RFCs nominally allow the
>local-part of an email address to be case sensitive, but in practice
>there is no one who really expects a case-sensitive email address to
>work.

Could use an extra column - so you can keep one column for display and one
for matching/searches.

So it would be easier to treat the following addresses as identical without
having to do it all in an SQL function:
Doug Fields <dfields-pg-general@pexicom.com>
Doug Fields <dfields-pg-general@pexicom.com.>
(D Fields ) dfields-pg-general@PEXICOM.COM

Cheerio,
Link.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Should be easy enough to get this result (or is it possible?)...
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Should be easy enough to get this result (or is it