Re: non-standard escapes in string literals

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: non-standard escapes in string literals
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
OK, I was wrong. '' can be sufficient. The DB just has to treat everything
between single quotes as data except for '' which is treated as a ' in the
data.

However raw control characters can still cause problems in the various
stages from the source to the DB.

Cheerio,
Link.

Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
Quoting is to help separate data from commands. Though '' is sufficient for
quoting ' it seems to me not sufficient for control characters.

От: Lincoln Yeoh
Сообщение: Re: non-standard escapes in string literals
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Roadmap for a Win32 port