Re: converting Oracle to postgres

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: converting Oracle to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 09:58 AM 2/7/03 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

>will trillich <will@serensoft.com> writes:
> > i think plpgsql is standard these days, so you should be able to
> > create procedures without having to "install" or "activate" it.
>
>No, you still do need to do 'createlang' to set it up.  There's been
>debate about whether to make it standard.  A paranoid DBA might not
>*want* PLs available.

Yes.

Don't want a repeat of MS SQL Server. I'm sure there are people who need to
format c:\, dir, etc using MS SQL. But most people don't need this stuff
installed by default.

It might not be so bad at the start if you install a language by default.
But if the language/features get extended you could end up with a lose-lose
situation.

Regards,
Link.