Re: Altering existing table to be WITHOUT OIDs

От Doug Fields
Тема Re: Altering existing table to be WITHOUT OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>I don't know of a way. However, keep in mind that WITHOUT OIDS is not
>(currently) a storage optimization -- the OID field is still stored on disk.
>The WITHOUT OIDS option is primarily for people who might be in danger
>of OID-wraparound.

Thanks. Yes, I am aware that it is not a storage optimization; however, I
may be adding 25 million + records to some tables each day, and this will
quickly wrap any 31 or 32 bit number. I actually use OIDs on one table as a
pkey (really a way to attempt the enforcing of a UNIQUE constraint without
the overhead of a 4 or 5 column index) and don't want them wrapping.

Cheers,

Doug

От: Darren Ferguson
Сообщение: Re: Case Insensitive Data Type
От: Doug Fields
Сообщение: Re: Efficiency question: VARCHAR with empty string