Re: Numeric user names

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Numeric user names
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 09:25 AM 10/19/2004 -0400, Ed Stoner wrote:

>I want to use bare numbers because that is how the users (students in this
>case) are identified on the network and in the student information
>system.  They've been identified this way for over 20 years, so it would
>be near impossible to change at this point (although it is not always very
>convenient :-).  I'm trying (and almost finished now) to have the postgres
>server be the source of all user account information on the network
>(windows and linux).

Just curious - but it doesn't seem obvious why you need all postgresql
users == all users in the student information system?

Any reasons why?

Assuming the student information system is an application, I'd have created
a table and each basic user account info would be in its own row in that
table, and link rows from other tables to those rows as necessary.

Or maybe used something like LDAP (and add the necessary glue :( ).

Of course if ALL students need to directly use the same postgresql database
with their own individual accounts then that's probably a good reason.

Regards,

Link.

От: Dan Pelleg
Сообщение: Re: index not used?
От: John Browne
Сообщение: Query buffer editing on Win32 version of postgresql?