Re: Text->Date conversion in a WHERE clause

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Text->Date conversion in a WHERE clause
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
cadiolis@gmail.com writes:
> SELECT *
> FROM
> (
>     SELECT u.user_id, ud.data
>     FROM users u, userdata ud
>     WHERE u.user_id = ud.user_id
>     AND u.type = 1
> ) subusers
> WHERE subusers.data::text::date <  now();

> So my question is how does this query ever even SEE the row containing
> "052-44-5863"?  The sub-query doesn't return that row so I don't see
> how it can get this error.

BTW, the fallacy in this idea is that the planner pushes WHERE clauses
as far down the plan tree as it can.  EXPLAIN would show you the actual
plan tree, but it's probably along the lines of
Join using u.user_id = ud.user_id    Scan users u where u.type = 1    Scan userdata ud where ud.data::text::date <
now();

If we did not do this, it would pretty much cripple the performance
of queries involving views (since a view is nothing but a macro for a
sub-select).
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Anthony Molinaro"
Сообщение: Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause
От: Jeff Williams
Сообщение: Update timestamp on update