Re: Where should I be uploading advocacy stuff?

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Where should I be uploading advocacy stuff?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 08/13/2012 08:01 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
>>> Since we're deprecating pgfoundry, where should I upload
>>> advocacy-related files?  I'm talking about stuff like graphics, flyer
>>> designs, t-shirt designs, etc.  Mostly binary files for which a Git repo
>>> doesn't seem suitable.  The wiki doesn't work either; uploading a batch
>>
>> Any *particular* reason why git is inappropriate for it?
>
> Well, we're talking large binary files which don't version well, so the
> git repo would be pretty bloated.  We'd also need to put a snapshot of
> the repo on FTP so that people could download individual files easily.
> It's possible that neither of those issues is prohibitive.

i don't think that the same file will be updated hundreds of times so
maybe this is not really an issue - and exporting the content to the
ftp-site is just-a-matter-of-a-small-script (if we even want that)

>> We do have a way to deal with it if all uploads comes from a single
>> person (web on devos). But you're saying that's not enough, you need
>> group permissions management?
>
> It could be a single login.

so a semi-anonymous account that can be used to publish arbitrary
content on the official ftp-site? not sure I like that idea at all...

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Where should I be uploading advocacy stuff?
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: New email works great!