Re: Amazon High I/O instances

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Amazon High I/O instances
Дата
Re: Amazon High I/O instances  (Sébastien Lorion <sl@thestrangefactory.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 09/12/12 10:01 PM, Sébastien Lorion wrote:
> pgbench initialization has been going on for almost 5 hours now and
> still stuck before vacuum starts .. something is definitely wrong as I
> don't remember it took so long first time I created the db....

pgbench initialization with a high scale factor, like the -s 10000 I
frequently use, does take quite a few hours.    you need a large
maintenance_work_mem, or the create index phase will take a really long
time to index the 150GB worth of tables its created.

От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: Amazon High I/O instances
От: Dann Corbit
Сообщение: Re: how long to wait on 9.2 bitrock installer?