Re: Need help in reclaiming disk space by deleting the selected records

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Need help in reclaiming disk space by deleting the selected records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/14/2012 05:35 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday, September 14, 2012 01:29:59 AM Steve Crawford wrote:
>> 2. CLUSTER is typically way faster than VACUUM FULL and rebuilds the
>> indexes as well but it temporarily requires sufficient disk-space to
>> write out a copy of the table being clustered.
> Thats not the case anymore since 9.0 btw. These days VACUUM FULL does the same
> thing CLUSTER does just without sorting.

That's true - I should have pointed that out. But it also means that you
can get into a corner if you need to vacuum full large tables when you
have limited free disk space - something the OP should consider since
reclaiming disk space was one of his motivations.

Cheers,
Steve

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL debugger and PostgreSQL 9.2
От: Ivan Voras
Сообщение: Custom integer-like type