Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump and thousands of schemas

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump and thousands of schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/13/2012 10:12 PM, Denis wrote:
> Please don't think that I'm trying to nitpick here, but pg_dump has options
> for dumping separate tables and that's not really consistent with the idea
> that "pg_dump is primarily  designed for dumping entire databases".

Sure it is. The word "primarily" is not just a noise word here.

The fact that we have options to do other things doesn't mean that its
primary design goal has changed.

cheers

andrew

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump and thousands of schemas
От: Wu Ming
Сообщение: Re: PostreSQL v9.2 uses a lot of memory in Windows XP