Re: PostgreSQL run as process in windows

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL run as process in windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/03/2013 12:16 PM, tuanhoanganh wrote:
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Running PostgreSQL directly via pg_ctl, not as a service, will not
change how it performs under load at all. It will not help you service
more than 500 concurrent connections.

You really need to put a connection pool in place to limit the number of
concurrent workers. Look at PgBouncer or PgPool-II. As far as I know
neither of them runs on Windows; you might want to think about a Linux
box as a front-end.

Thanks for your help. But when use PgBouncer, it run as service and may be it only support 512 connect (Because windows service only support default 125 connect, change registry windows can support 512 connect).
Is there any other way?

What's your host Windows OS? Windows Server 2008 R2? Windows 7?

It's hard to find details on the limits of the various versions. In general, for higher loads I would strongly favour using Linux, where TCP/IP connection limit problems just go away and where you can run a properly supported PgBouncer.

От: tuanhoanganh
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL run as process in windows
От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: un-pivot with crosstab?