Re: need some magic with generate_series()

От Andreas
Тема Re: need some magic with generate_series()
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks Filip,
with your help I came a step further.   :)

Could I do the folowing without using a function?

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION month_series ( date )  RETURNS table ( monthnr integer )
AS
$BODY$
    select  to_char ( m, 'YYYYMM' )::integer    from    generate_series ( $1, current_date, '1 month'::interval )
as  m

$BODY$ LANGUAGE sql STABLE;

select  project_id, month_series ( createdate )
from    projects
order by 1, 2;

Am 22.01.2013 22:52, schrieb Filip Rembiałkowski:
> or even
>
> select m from generate_series( '20121101'::date, '20130101'::date, '1
> month'::interval) m;
>

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM, jan zimmek <jan.zimmek@web.de> wrote:
>> hi andreas,
>>
>> this might give you an idea how to generate series of dates (or other datatypes):
>>
>> select g, (current_date + (g||' month')::interval)::date from generate_series(1,12) g;
>>
>> regards
>> jan
>>
>> Am 22.01.2013 um 22:41 schrieb Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net>:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I need a series of month numbers like  201212, 201301 YYYYMM to join other sources against it.
>>>
>>> I've got a table that describes projects:
>>> projects ( id INT, project TEXT, startdate DATE )
>>>
>>> and some others that log events
>>> events( project_id INT, createdate DATE, ...)
>>>
>>> to show some statistics I have to count events and present it as a view with the project name and the month as
YYYYMMstarting with startdate of the projects.

>>> My problem is that there probaply arent any events in a month but I still need this line in the output.
>>> So somehow I need to have a select that generates:
>>>
>>> project 7,201211
>>> project 7,201212
>>> project 7,201301
>>>
>>> It'd be utterly cool to get this for every project in the projects table with one select.
>>>
>>> Is there hope?
>>>

>>> --

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Filip Rembiałkowski
Сообщение: Re: need some magic with generate_series()
От: "Alexander Gataric"
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] need some magic with generate_series()