Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 02/14/2013 10:35 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> (1) Issue with instructions on Ubuntu 12.04
>
> 1. install the key using the wget command.

Well this isn't that uncommon but I do see your point.

> The new process represents a 20X increase in sysadmin time to install
> PostgreSQL on a server.  This will result in less PostgresQL
> installations.  Do we really want that?
>
> Alternately, Martin, this will mean (for our professional clients)
> switching from Ubuntu to Red Hat/Fedora, just because it's easier to
> maintain PostgreSQL there.

That's a bit alarmist, slow down on the coffee. I agree that
apt.postgresql.org should work as a simple PPA but I guarantee you that
our "professional clients" are not going to switch from Ubuntu to Red
Hat/Fedora, that's ridiculous.

It will however make them wonder what .org is smoking and if they should
just stay with the latest stable release until we get our act together.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA