Re: problems with pg_dump... with postmaster really

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problems with pg_dump... with postmaster really
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?q?Mart=EDn=20Marqu=E9s?= <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> I have found that the postmaster is dying very offen lattly, and yesterday I
> got this error on a pg_dumpall:

> connected to template1...
> dumping database "horde"...
> dumping database "lismarch"...
> pg_dump: NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
>         The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
>         died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
>         I have rolled back the current transaction and am
>         going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
>         Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

This does not look like pg_dump's fault --- its backend is getting
terminated because some *other* backend crashed, as the NOTICE is
apparently not making sufficiently clear.

What you need to find out is what that other backend was doing.  Is
there a core dump file in any of your databases?  Any entry in the
postmaster log about a failed child process?  You will probably need
to provide a gdb stack trace from a core dump before we can help very
much.  (It'd also be useful to know what PG version you are using.)

От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: multiple version running
От: terry@greatgulfhomes.com
Сообщение: Re: sequence / last_value problem