Re: postgres 9.0.4 configuration and performance issue

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: postgres 9.0.4 configuration and performance issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/13/2013 8:35 AM, akp geek wrote:
> thanks for the advice. One question I have is if I increase the
> shared_buffers to 16GB, then it won't restart because for the 32 bit
> version of postgres , we can't have shared buffers more than 3.2 GB
> right ? ( this from various blogs that I have read )

um, on a 32 bit system, no application can have over ~ 2-3GB of user
space, with the top 1-2GB taken by the kernel (this varies with
operating system).    out of that, I wouldn't use more than about 1GB of
shared_buffers.

От: bricklen
Сообщение: Re: Need some help on Performance 9.0.4
От: Sergey Konoplev
Сообщение: Re: postgres 9.0.4 configuration and performance issue