Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/18/2013 02:36 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> > What will likely change first is Slony and Bucardo, who have a strong
>> > interest in dumping triggers and queues.
> But I don't understand what that has to do with recovery.conf and
> breakage around it.

The simple thinking is this: if we announce and promote new replication,
then our users who do upgrade are going to expect to upgrade their
replication tools at the same time, even if they're not using the new
replication.  That is people will look for a repmgr 2.0 / OmniPITR 1.5
and update to it.

Now, as a tool author, I know that supporting both models is going to be
annoying.  But necessary.

And, as I said before, we need to do the GUC merger in the same release
we introduce configuration directory (or after it).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: stats for network traffic WIP
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Commitfest II CLosed