Re: Table with Field Serial - Problem

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Table with Field Serial - Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/31/2013 11:12 AM, Yostin Vargas wrote:
> i really dont need a number generator, only a unique PK. but i want that
> this PK be generate automatically
>
> for example i have a Category calling Computer in English but i have the
> same Category in Spanish (Computadora)  i assigned the ID->1 for both

So table1 is the category table:

id serial
category varchar

or

Why not just make your PK a natural one (category, language)?

In the end whatever works for you, works. I am just asking because I
could not follow the logic and I needed guidance.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Yostin Vargas
Сообщение: Re: Table with Field Serial - Problem
От: Dann Corbit
Сообщение: postgresql-9.3.1-1-windows-x64.exe does not install correctly for me