Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres

От Birta Levente
Тема Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres
Дата
Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres  (BladeOfLight16 <bladeoflight16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 01/11/2013 14:44, si24 wrote:
> I get this error in geoserver :Original exception error:
>
> Unable to obtain connection: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ERROR:
> client_login_timeout (server down))
>
> when I change the store port number from 5432 to 6432 so that geoserver can
> use the  pgbouncer instead of calling on the postgres db directly. Not sure
> if thats the way i'm suppose to do it.

it should be ok.

have you specified in your pgbouncer.ini auth_type and auth_file ?

And I think you really need to check pgbouncer log !!!

> 5432 is the port that my postgresql is working from and 6432 is where my
> pgbouncer is calling from.

pgbouncer is not calling from 6432!!!

postgresql server listening on port 5432
pgbouncer listening on port 6432

> geoserver is using port 8080, some how they don't seem to be speaking to
> each other.

I don't know what is this geoserver, but this port 8080 I think it's not
relevant in this.

От: si24
Сообщение: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres
От: si24
Сообщение: Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres