Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres

От Rowan Collins
Тема Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/11/2013 13:58, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 11/01/2013 06:29 AM, Birta Levente wrote:
>

>>> geoserver is using port 8080, some how they don't seem to be
>>> speaking to
>>> each other.
>>
>> I don't know what is this geoserver, but this port 8080 I think it's not
>> relevant in this.
>>

> If I am following correctly the OP chain of connections as originally
> set up and I believe still is:
>
> End User --> port 8080 (Tomcat) --> port 5432 (Postgres)
>
> and they are trying to get to
>
> End User --> port 808 (Tomcat) --> port 6432 (pgBouncer) --> port 5432
> (Postgres)

That sounds right, but port 8080 is definitely irrelevant in this case,
as it is just a detail of the application - it could just as well be a
desktop application with no associated network port.

For the sake of what needs to be configured, the chain is just:

Before:
(application using PostgreSQL) --> port 5432 (Postgres)

After:
(application using PostgreSQL) --> port 6432 (pgBouncer) --> port 5432
(Postgres)

So there are two things to configure:

a) in the application, tell it to connect to port 6432 for its database
connections, instead of port 5432
b) in pgBouncer, make sure it can connect properly to the postgres
server on port 5432

It sounds like (b) is currently the issue.

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why release index relation lock
От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: pg_dump with lots and lots of tables