Re: table lock when where clause uses unique constraing instead of primary key.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: table lock when where clause uses unique constraing instead of primary key.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/04/2013 01:56 PM, Jeff Amiel wrote:

> On Monday, November 4, 2013 3:23 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Probably poor choice of words:). So then, what we are looking at is
>> other clients trying to update user_profile but not succeeding because
>> pid 4899 is blocking. At this point all I can see is that the offending
>> query is updating some fields the others are not; disabled and reset_code.
>>
>> Is that always the case?
>>
>> If so any thing in the code path that is different when those fields are
>> updated?
>
> We have scenarios where exact same query is in play in all instances.

Which query is that?
And what scenario are you talking about, blocking query or something else?

> Any thoughts as to the fact that this could be a full table_lock simply based on the use of username (non primary key
-but specifically unique constraint) in the where clause?  I'm grasping I know....

What makes you think the username condition is the problem?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Suitable Index for my Table
От: Ben Chobot
Сообщение: Re: 9.1.9 -> 9.1.10 causing corruption