Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)

От Inoue, Hiroshi
Тема Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Pavel,

(2013/11/12 2:50), Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> Long story short: Is there a need to link psqlodbcw.so plugin against
> libodbc.so?  Principal problem: That library provides ABI for applications
> - not for plugins; at least it seem to be like that.
>
> I tried to remove this linking by following tweak:
>
>   | diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
>   | index 5fb401e..5d75db3 100644
>   | --- a/configure.ac
>   | +++ b/configure.ac
>   | @@ -65,7 +65,7 @@ fi
>   |  # ODBC include and library
>   |  #
>   | -if test "$ODBC_CONFIG" != ""; then
>   | +if false; then
>   |         if test "$with_iodbc" != no; then
>   |                 ODBC_INCLUDE=`${ODBC_CONFIG} --cflags`
>   |                 CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS ${ODBC_INCLUDE}"
>
> And both unixODBC and psqlodbcw.so communicates with each other correctly
> at the first sight.

Seems -lodbcinst is really necessary not -lodbc.
Could you please try the attached patch for the current git?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Pavel Raiskup
Сообщение: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)
От: Pavel Raiskup
Сообщение: Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)