Re: Primary Key

От Elliot
Тема Re: Primary Key
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2013-11-21 15:40, Joey Quinn wrote:
> I have a table (5 columns) with approximately 670 million rows. It has
> had an index (unique) on an inet column from the beginning. Today I
> added a primary key constraint based on the same column thinking that
> since it already had an index, this would be a relatively quick
> operation. That does not appear to be case. It has gone into a "not
> responding" status for an hour or so now. As a point of reference, I'm
> using 9.3 on a 64 bit Windows Server 2008 (32 GB ram) and inserts so
> far have taken 6 1/2 - 7 minutes for each batch of 16.7 million rows.
>
> Other than not creating the primary key at the beginning, did I do
> anything wrong? and can I reasonably expect the current operation to
> finish?
>
> Joey

I'm guessing you're creating the primary key without designating your
current unique index as the index to use for the constraint.
Mark your column as not null if it isn't already then do an "alter table
table-name add primary key using index
whatever-the-name-of-your-extant-unique-index-is".
Otherwise you're building another separate index for that constraint,
which you don't need to do.

От: Joey Quinn
Сообщение: Primary Key
От: Mike Broers
Сообщение: Re: corruption issue after server crash - ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0