Re: BUG #8813: Clarifying OVERLAPS in the Docs

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #8813: Clarifying OVERLAPS in the Docs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 01/13/2014 06:25 AM, jonathan.katz@excoventures.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      8813
> Logged by:          Jonathan S. Katz
> Email address:      jonathan.katz@excoventures.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.2
> Operating system:   N/A
>
> This was reported by Adam Mackler (mackler) in the doc comments, and am
> relaying this. My edits are in []
>
> ========
>
> Section 9.9 (v. 9.3 manual) says "the SQL OVERLAPS operator is supported."
>
> There is no entry in the [documentation] index for "OVERLAPS."  I've been
> operating for some time now on the mistaken assumption that OVERLAPS was not
> supported, simply because I assumed that if it were, then there would be an
> index entry for it.
>
> I propose modifying the [documentation] index by adding an "OVERLAPS" entry.

Added.

I tried to make the link from the index point to the right paragraph,
but couldn't figure out how to do that. So now it just points to the
whole Date/Time Functions and Operators section, and you have to scroll
to find the OVERLAPS paragraph. But at least iẗ́'s in the index now.

- Heikki

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8757: Dublicate rows, broken primary key.
От: thehappycoder@gmail.com
Сообщение: BUG #8816: to_tsquery returns wrong results