Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/28/2014 2:35 PM, Mike Christensen wrote:
> This works.  However, to agree with the original poster's point, if
> Postgres could be a little more forgiving about values that could be
> interpreted as correct (like an implicit cast between numeric and enum
> and string and enum) then we wouldn't have these issues..

it had more implicit casts prior to (I think) 8.3, but there were many
ambiguities where things could be interpreted to mean radically
different sorts of operations, so they tightened things up in 8.3+ (or
was it 8.4+ ?)

От: Mike Christensen
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC
От: Mike Christensen
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC