Re: Regression tests for deprecated functions

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Regression tests for deprecated functions
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 03/19/2014 01:27 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I have created the attached patch, that adds a new set of regression
> tests for all the deprecated functions of ODBC listed here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms716309%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

SQLFreeStmt isn't completely deprecated, just the SQL_DROP option. Which
you're not testing ;-).

SQLBindParam isn't really deprecated, see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms710955%28v=vs.85%29.aspx. I
think we'll want to keep that, even if we remove the rest of the
deprecated functions, to stay compatible with a ISO / Open Group driver
manager that doesn't know about the Microsoft extensions. (AFAIK no such
driver manager actually exists, but as a matter of principle...)

Please also add the new test case to test/Makefile and Makefile.am

> Btw, I noticed that we use in most of the regression tests deprecated
> functions  (SQLFreeStmt mainly). I think that we should change them to
> the latest ODBC 3.X functions.

I agree.

- Heikki

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Regression tests for deprecated functions
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Regression tests for deprecated functions