Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array

От Daniel Hahler
Тема Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 25.03.2014 17:26, Tom Lane wrote:
> Daniel Hahler <postgresql@thequod.de> writes:
>> On 25.03.2014 17:02, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Oh.  So actually, "failed to startup" was a complete misdescription, =
and
>>> what you should've said was "it appeared to be running normally, but =
>>> saw this burst of weird messages in the postmaster log, so I decided =
>>> restart it"?
>=20
>> Sorry, "failed to startup" was a misdescription, because I did not rem=
ember that OpenVZ suspends containers on reboots.
>> I should have said "crashed half an hour after being resumed".
>=20
>> I have not restarted PostgreSQL though, but started it when noticing t=
hat it wasn't running (anymore).
>=20
> Well, your log doesn't show any evidence to support the claim that
> Postgres wasn't running.  We see some child processes having minor trou=
ble
> while exiting, and one that failed while trying to start up; the latter=

> being strong evidence that the postmaster was still working at least.

I've received the following error on 11:32:19 from a client app trying to=
 connect:
    OperationalError: could not connect to server: Connection refused
    Is the server running on host "10.122.x.x" and accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port x?

> So in short, you haven't given us a complete description of what happen=
ed.
> What led you to decide you needed to restart Postgres?

There was no Postgres process running in 'ps aux', and I only had to star=
t, not restart it.

Relevant entries from the shell history (llog is for syslog/messages):

   47  12:32  ps aux
   48  12:33  llog
   52  12:33  less ~l/daemon.log
   55  12:34  less ~l/postgresql/postgresql-9.3-main.log
   56  12:34  ps aux
   64  12:38  service postgresql start

Regards,
Daniel.

--=20
http://daniel.hahler.de/

От: Daniel Hahler
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array
От: Daniel Hahler
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array