Re: Using 9.3 as a slave to 9.1 for upgrade purposes

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Using 9.3 as a slave to 9.1 for upgrade purposes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/22/2014 03:52 PM, Wells Oliver wrote:
> As a way of upgrading, I'd like to setup a 9.3 cluster as a slave to a
> 9.1 master so that I can then promote that 9.3 instance to master, using
> streaming replication.
>
> Curious if this is a possible/advisable route.

Not possible with streaming replication. It is a binary format so the
version and system architecture have to be the same on both sides of the
equation. You would need to use another replication method, say
something like Slony. For more information see here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Using 9.3 as a slave to 9.1 for upgrade purposes
От: AI Rumman
Сообщение: Is it good to have toast table for information schema table?