Re: New and interesting replication issues with 9.2.8 sync rep

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: New and interesting replication issues with 9.2.8 sync rep
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/05/2014 10:53 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Still a user error. You need to reclone.
>
> Depending on how archiving and the target timeline was configured the
> timeline increase won't be treated as an error...

Andres and I hashed this out on IRC.  The basic problem was that I was
relying on pg_stat_replication to point out when a successful
replication connection was established.  However, he pointed out cases
where pg_stat_replication will report sync or streaming even though
replication has failed due to differences in WAL position.  That appears
to be what happened here.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: avoiding tuple copying in btree index builds
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: 9.4 release notes