Re: psqlODBC text length with no records

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: psqlODBC text length with no records
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 05/14/2014 08:29 AM, Barry Bell wrote:
> Sending the SQL through the postgres driver to a Postgres ver 9 server, where it runs,
> I see the data types in the client software that is calling the ODBC driver
> (in this case VFP, foxpro).

To follow up, from here:

http://foxcentral.net/microsoft/WhatsNewInVFP9_Chapter09.htm

"Because the DBF structure hasn’t changed significantly (although the
new data types have some impact on the structure; see the “How the new
data types affect DBF files” section later in this chapter), Varchar
fields are actually stored as fixed length fields. However, when you
access a Varchar field, the value appears to be trimmed rather than
padded with spaces to the length of the field."

but

"By default, text boxes pad values with spaces to the maximum width of
the field. To suppress that behavior, add “F” to the Format property of
the Textbox. You should also set MaxLength to the width of the field to
ensure the user can enter the maximum number of characters if necessary.
To see an example of this, run TestVarcharInTextbox.SCX, type something
like “test” in both text boxes, and click on the Results button. Because
the second text box has “F” in its Format property, its content is
trimmed while the content of the first one is not."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: psqlODBC text length with no records
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: psqlODBC text length with no records