Re: NFS, file system cache and shared_buffers

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: NFS, file system cache and shared_buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 05/27/2014 10:00 AM, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> I know that Oracle recommends it - they even built an NFS client
> into their database server to make the most of it.

That's odd. Every time the subject of NFS comes up, it's almost
immediately shot down with explicit advice to Never Do That(tm). It can
be kinda safe-ish if mounted in sync mode with caching disabled, but I'd
never use it on any of our systems.

We also have this in the Wiki:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Shared_Storage

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse, LLC | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: NFS, file system cache and shared_buffers
От: David Boreham
Сообщение: Re: NFS, file system cache and shared_buffers